Thinking Out Loud

Right before bedtime last night, I found out another friend of mine had gotten engaged. I’m uber-happy for her because, well, because she’s a wonderful person and she deserves it. She has three years invested with this man, and they both know full well what they’re getting into. Isn’t her ring absolutely gorgeous??

Which got me thinking (uh-oh). Three years. That’s almost how long I have invested. Don’t worry, I’m not going there again. Oops… guess I just did.

That dreaded Kenny Rogers song has been ringing in my head all morning, so I thought I’d do you all a favor and put it in your heads too.

“You gotta know when to hold ’em… know when to fold ’em… know when to walk away, and know when to run. You never count your money… when you’re sittin’ at the table โ€“ they’ll be time enough for countin’… when the dealin’s done.”

You’re welcome.

1. I’m pretty jealous of her ring ๐Ÿ™‚

February 7, 2012 at 8:39 am

• Me too Vix. Hey, at least we’re woman enough to admit it! ๐Ÿ™‚ And, you inspired me to post a picture of her ring โ€“ it’s so lovely.

February 7, 2012 at 9:17 am

2. Helen Reynolds

I’ve been reading between the lines on your last few posts and I can’t help but wonder if your RING finger is getting tired of being bare. And that thought put a different song running in my mind…. ” If ya liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it”! Well I then remember what his ex wife has done to him and I wonder if he’s just too scared to “put a ring on it”. All things happen for a reason and on GOD’S TIME! If it starts to be an issue { maybe it already is} then it’s time for a heart to heart talk. Remember… When God closes one door ,and I’m not saying the door is closing yet, He opens another. Only you know if you can wait it out or “Fold ’em”. Love ya!

February 7, 2012 at 12:51 pm

• You’ve got me pegged pretty darn well, Helen. And maybe K too! Love ya back. ๐Ÿ™‚

February 7, 2012 at 7:27 pm

3. Debbie

Unbelievable ring, simply gorgeous.

Interesting to read your post and the responses just MINUTES after I added “A Revealing Story” to Shadows. How uncanny…

February 8, 2012 at 2:16 am

• That IS uncanny, Debbie! Made me smile. You have a beautiful writing ability, I so enjoy your posts!

February 8, 2012 at 7:35 am

4. Nice song. Thank you for sharing. ๐Ÿ™‚

February 8, 2012 at 7:28 am

• Glad you enjoyed, Cocomino – I’ve gotta try real hard to keep it out of my head today. ๐Ÿ™‚

February 8, 2012 at 7:36 am

5. I was trying to sing with you but I just can’t … Not because I don’t like it though, I’m just not good in singing. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyway, I feel like stealing that ring and give it to my wife. Hehe …

February 10, 2012 at 3:54 am

• Songs and music in life are great though, aren’t they? Especially when it fits the mood, hehe. Her ring is just gorgeous!! ๐Ÿ™‚

February 10, 2012 at 9:26 am