Ode to a Grown Man

I’d like to eventually have/make more time to spend on reading other’s blogs. It’s something I really enjoy, particularly the ones of those who take their own precious time to comment on mine. With all the stuff I’ve had going on with moving, work and the likes of everything else, my hope is to get settled in soon and do just that – consistently. I’m amazed at the talent that each of you have – whether it be through writing, arts, or a combination of both. It inspires my own desire to do better. I thank each of you for that.

In updating my blog roll tonight, once again I had heavy thoughts of a certain individual in our blogging world. This is someone that I miss very much – known as Grown Man (as self-referred, GM). It’s for this reason I chose to profile Grown Man in this post today. If you’ve never visited his blog, why not hop on over and read a few excerpts. Click the ‘list’ link for more options. I can guarantee you’ll have to break yourself away from it.

Grown Man has not posted since November of 2010. Prior to that, his fairly frequent posts were eloquent, vivacious and packed full of wisdom. Although geared mainly towards the male genre, his content inspired males and females alike. His own hilarity paired with common sense insight on the male psyche made for some darn good reading and entertainment… not to mention education. He remained ever-kind in his replies, to which he always gave. I’ve always been a sucker for that kindness trait. The love he had for his wife was evident, not exactly spelled out – rather something that was apparent between the lines. I deeply respect his writing style.

I do worry about what may have happened to him, at the risk of sounding silly. Did he meet a dreadful fate… or did he abandon it for a chance of a lifetime, moving on to a bigger and better thing? I’ve googled to no avail to find out what might have happened, having noticed his twitter feed has also been abandoned. He had the potential to be HUGE, and was already getting there fast. Over 188K hits with less than 80 entries – this thing grew pretty quick, my friends. It’s obvious by reading the comments on his last post that his readers really miss him.

I’ll continue to have Grown Man appear on my blogroll because I prefer his legacy to live on, even if not ongoing. I agree with one of the last commenters who stated, appropriately: We miss you, Grown Man.

Grown Man’s Blog (or, just click the picture above)

Footnote: Even my Keith enjoyed reading GM’s posts, and he’s not usually into reading blogs unless he’s coerced into reading mine, cough-cough. 🙂

1. How nice of you to feature Grown Man on your post today. It’s a shame that he is not around. I hope that he merely decided to do something else with his time and is not truly missing. Blessings to you, Bonnie…

June 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Too often I found myself referring to him in past-tense, Carol Ann. I hope I’m wrong in this assumption, as my imagination tends to take it’s own course sometimes. I really hope I’m way off base here. Blessings to you, my friend.

June 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm

2. There are several bloggers whose stuff I really enjoyed.Then suddenly they disappeared from the blogosphere. It is especially disappointing when our “at arms length” friendships go a little beyond when we share personal things like good fortune or misfortune. I have not seen anything from Perpetuallypeeved for a long time.

June 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm

So true, Carl. I tuned in to GM’s posts as a new blogger and found myself looking so forward to them. I thought of Peeved when I was writing this too, how ironic!! I do miss her talent. And of course, your art is what I spoke of… 🙂

June 6, 2011 at 10:50 pm

3. Oh, how I miss Grown Man! Lovely post, Bonnie.
    My mom, like Keith, doesn’t usually like to read blogs either, but she loved GM, too. We would always read his posts together. I really hope he is well, and that we might get to hear from him again someday.

June 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm

He made ever an impact on his readers. I hope he makes a return, I really do. Thanks for such an encouraging comment!

June 6, 2011 at 11:32 pm

4. What a great tribute to Grown Man. Perhaps his life has turned him in a new direction…you just never know. I will surely check out his site and hope with you that he posts again.

June 6, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Thanks, Tracy. You’re right, you just never know which direction his life may have taken. Thanks for the positive thoughts! 🙂

June 11, 2011 at 11:20 am

5. That’s the weird thing about the blogging world, you get to know people so well but there’s still a barrier there that makes sudden disappearances mysterious. Let’s hope he’s out there somewhere and is happy!

June 7, 2011 at 5:09 am

So true, Vix. I think when we identify with how a person thinks (or writes), it gives us a certain dependence on them always being there to read or listen to. I hope he’s out there and happy too, and thanks for the well wishes for him! 🙂

June 11, 2011 at 11:24 am

6. I miss reading his posts, too.

June 7, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Perfect blend of common sense and humor! 🙂

June 11, 2011 at 11:25 am

7. Such a lovely tribute I hope he reads this someday and makes contact.

June 8, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Thanks, GB. I’d love to see him make a comeback! 🙂

June 9, 2011 at 7:30 pm

8. fromrebecca

I’ve never read any of his writing, but I’m definitely going to head over to his blog now. It’s nice to you feature him in your own work, I can only imagine how grateful he would be to learn of your admiration for his work! It’s an unfortunate thing, not being able to truly keep in contact with those we speak to online. But like everyone wishes, he may come back one day! Rebecca

June 10, 2011 at 9:22 am

I’ve thought of him often, as everything was brought to such an abrupt ending. He didn’t seem the type to just stop. I hope he will eventually make a return to his gentle readers, as he had many! Thanks for you sweet well wishes for GM, Rebecca! xo

June 11, 2011 at 11:29 am

9. Tipsy Lucy

I’m going to check him out. It’s sad when our favorite bloggers move on.

June 12, 2011 at 10:51 am

Thanks Lucy, and you’re right it is. I’m glad a few more people are able to see his talent! 🙂

June 13, 2011 at 7:59 am