Stormy nights

After more storms whisked through the south the night before last, the current estimated time of power restoration has been moved from 5pm last night to 5pm tonight. What’s up with the south and all these destructive storms this year? The thunder, lightning, wind and rain of this storm out-did all other storms so far. Even the hailstorm didn’t have these kind of damaging winds and lightning… it only pounded things into oblivion. We’re supposed to get more storms through Tuesday, so I guess it’s time to batten down the hatches.

Thank goodness I still have my apartment, albeit one with no bed. It does still have a/c (a must in the south in May) and cable tv (a must since it was Survivor night and I’ve never missed an episode). With these two amenities calling us, Keith packed up a few things and our spoiled kitty Camille, and met me over at my apartment. He even thought to bring my bp meds – whatta guy that man is. 🙂

I must admit that I was a little sad I’d unknowingly spend my last night in my apartment last Thursday night. We’d decided to carry my bed over on a whim last Sunday, meaning there was no ‘reflection time’ assigned to my last night spent there. This power outage was a hidden blessing. I found it only befitting that I got to spend just one more night there, with both my man and my little animal. So the palette on the floor did just fine.

My friend Shawn over at Happy Publishing posted this today. Although it’s been around a while, it’s a few great reminders of how to make the world a little more livable. I found it more than worthy of a repost.

• Do not contradict people, even if you are sure you are right.
  • Do not be inquisitive about the affairs of even your most intimate friend.
  • Do not underrate anything because you do not possess it.
  • Do not believe all the evil you hear.
  • Do not repeat gossip, even if it does interest a crowd.
  • Do not jeer at anyone’s religious belief.
  • Learn to hide your aches and pains under a pleasant smile; few care whether you have an earache, headache, or rheumatism.
  • Learn to attend to your own business – a very important point.
  • Do not try to be anything else but a gentleman or a lady; and that means one who has consideration for the whole world, and all races.

~Unknown

1. Quite nice to huddle together in a storm with some good TV and a cuddly cat! As long as the storm doesn’t get too scary tho 🙂

May 12, 2011 at 10:55 am

Very true, Vix! Seems like all I have to do is breathe wrong here lately and the power goes out.

May 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

2. helen reynolds

That was a bad storm that came through here tuesday night. Both Ed and I said we have never seen a light show like we one we had with that storm. Our power went out around 1 am and didn’t come back on until 5pm. It was HOT in here! I don’t sleep much as it is, but when I can’t have my fan blowing on me it’s a waste of time trying to sleep. No power means no computer, tv or phones. SOOOOO, I grabbed my James Patterson book and read the day away. Thank goodness I had something to do or I would have gone crazy!!
    I too wonder what in the world is going on with all of these storms and earthquakes. Spain had an earthquake yesterday {?} and I’ve never heard of an earthquake there. You know the world is coming to an end in dec. of this year and I’m starting to believe it! There is just too much going on with our planet not to wonder if this is the end. I guess we’ll have to grab hold of something and ride out this crazy weather and quakes.
    I hope you and K will have a great weekend with no power loss! Love ya! 🙂

May 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm

The storms really have been something Helen – that last one with the big light show you spoke of was just crazy. Maybe I’m the one who’s wrong, but I don’t think we’ll be notified when this old world ends. It definitely pays to be ready for the day when our Lord makes his return! I hope you had a wonderful weekend – love you!!

May 16, 2011 at 12:04 pm

3. The storms in the South have been scary! I’m glad that your place was not damaged by them. Blessings to you, Bonnie…

May 12, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Thanks Carol Ann – I hope your weekend was wonderful! Blessings to you.

May 16, 2011 at 12:04 pm