It’s all about US

K and I went out for Mexican last night to a fave little hangout, then touched on a few stores looking for a very particular type of lounge-chair. The chairs look something like this…

These chairs just look like us. And yes, there’s a particular reason we need want them. There will be an upcoming beach trip in our future. Not a long one, but one nonetheless. A high-rise oceanfront trip to the beach is very much mandated at this time… as well as a few slow dances on the end of a very long pier, Nights in Rodanthe style.

Our last beach trip was during New Year’s Eve 2010, which was absolutely the coolest New Year’s I’ve ever had – not to mention the most meaningful. I don’t even have words to describe the deep respect he and I have for one another – the things we’ve been through together and how we’ve chosen to deal with them have only served to make each of us a stronger and hopefully wiser individual.

The philosophical tangent is done. Suffice it to say I need a vacation. As for K? Well, put a man on a decade-plus long stretch of no vacations, and believe me when I say he’s ready too.

And I’m more than willing to help entertain. 🙂

1. Ten years without a vacation? Sheesh! Have fun!

August 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Yep – well, with the exception of our new year’s weekend trip and the occasional mountain trips. Before I came along, he was totally vacationless. 😦

August 6, 2010 at 11:33 am

2. Carol Ann Hoel

I used to sell my vacations back to my boss when I was very young and needed money more than rest. I don’t recommend it. Vacation and enjoy!

August 5, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Carol, I used to do the same thing. Now… well the older I’ve gotten the more I realize how important ‘getting away’ really is.

An intestinal virus is threatening me at the moment, so we’ll see how it goes. 😦

August 6, 2010 at 11:34 am