Stowaways and Freak Parades

Feels like it’s been ages since I’ve posted anything. I hope everyone had a safe and memorable Fourth of July holiday!

Since I moved, I’m rarely (if ever) on the computer – I’d probably do fine without one. Things are just so interesting outside, I want to stay out there. Even though it’s hot, the beautiful outdoors continue to beckon us. I’m so thankful for the peaceful surrounding area, which feels as soothing as warm chicken soup on a cold winter day. I’m finding myself wishing for this summer to last forever – for the flowers to continue growing, for the frogs, butterflies and fireflies to live twice as long as normal, for the hummingbirds to not have to fly south this year. Not asking for very much, am I?

I love Independence Day, but always seem to associate it with summer being ‘half over’. I wish I didn’t do that, but the older you get the harder becomes to change your way of thinking. I did witness the best fireworks show I have ever seen in my life, right here in the city of Gastonia. They put on a full twenty-minute long show in center-city, even the finale was twice as long as usual. This city seems to have stepped up their game! We both thought it worth the wait of a couple hours for that good spot. People-watching was hilarity at it’s best even if fireworks weren’t involved, but we tend to be a little ruthless in that area. Trust me when I say I have stories.

(Babygirl center)

My daughter came over for a swim yesterday, and brought her newest toy with her – a camera that can snap pics as far as 20 feet underwater. She originally bought it for her cruise in September, and we were glad for the opportunity to play subjects. It works great, and we had a blast with it! Now if only I can figure out a way to stow away in one of her suitcases come September…

Nothing has ever matched all the freedom and happiness this summer has brought me so far. I’m so very grateful for all the opportunities in life that have been presented to me, as well for the ever-blessed time in my life that I met Keith. A real and genuine person is a rare find these days. If a person is lucky enough to find that precious gem – hopefully they’re smart enough to hold tight those qualities and traits, and cherish the person with their whole heart. Because they deserve nothing less than a whole heart.

1. Cool post Bon.

Peace

July 5, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Thanks for stopping in, DanEastSide! 🙂

July 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm

2. I need to clarify my “Like.” I like the underwater pics and fireworks, but not that you’re never on the computer.

July 5, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Aww Thoughts, I’ve missed you! I have some serious blog-reading to catch up on very soon…

July 5, 2011 at 9:17 pm

3. Summertime is the best. I know what you mean about wanting to stay outside. When you live in the country, it’s too beautiful to stay inside. Blessings to you, Bonnie…

July 5, 2011 at 11:40 pm

I so wish it could last and never get cold, but that’s asking for too much in our area. I know the season changes are there for a reason – and on the opposite end of the spectrum, we could have Carl’s climate! Though I’d like to think that I’d love that climate, with it being extreme I’d probably be wishing for a winter. 🙂 Blessings to you, Carol Ann.

July 6, 2011 at 7:28 am

4. Here in Miami I want the summer to be over. The heat is so oppressive. Problem is that we have summer in the summer, summer in the fall, summer in the winter and summer in the spring.

July 6, 2011 at 6:38 am

I totally understand where you’re coming from, pardon the pun. That’s some extreme heat and humidity the majority of the year. One beautiful ocean you’ve got there, though…

😀

July 6, 2011 at 7:33 am

5. Cool underwater pics!

July 6, 2011 at 6:57 am

Thanks, Vix – I’d like to have one of those cameras.

July 6, 2011 at 7:34 am